Travelogue: Singapore Day 1

Howdy!

It's been a while since the last update. So, been trying to update my blog about my first so called international trip huh? lol. First international trip with my friends :) It has always been a random one for us. Whenever we feel like going somewhere, we will eventually go you know huhu. So far, yep. Those are some of the craziest thing we did together. It was so much fun! We went to Singapore on the week of my birthday,on the 18th May 2012. Considered it as a part of my birthday present nghehehe.

So we took off from Shah Alam at 10.30am. The bus was super comfy I tell you. It didnt shake much like normal buses do. I even had time to finish reading my notes, siap bole highlight lagi haha. But a bit pricey for a regular trip I must say, but comfort comes first in any way! It costed us 50MYR per person. We didnt take Aeroline because it was so out of budget since we're going with our own expenses hihi. Being cheapo for a while yaknow :p That bus was superb because it didnt stop at all, until we were at larkin. Making a pitstop to change our currency. Then we felt like so miskin after done changing money haha since the rate at that time was 2.47.

So we arrived in Singapore around 4pm. But but but, since I never been there by myself, I still havent figure out the whereabout yet. We were suppose to just stop at Woodlands then take the busy 160 to Keranji MRT station, but how the hell I must know where Woodlands was, so we got overboard to Beach Rd, and the bus driver didnt even say a word at all. Got pissed off a bit with that, but thats ok. And it was a bit hard to contact my Sngaporean friend to ask for directions, so we asked the locals instead. We were Survivors after all !

Upon arrival :) Bole senyum lagi ni padahal tengah sesat.... (.__.)
 Then, after asking around, we hopped into 100 bus to get to Lavender MRT station. Paid S$2 for only 50 m ride. WHY? because people inside the bus said we dont have to take the bus if we wanted to go to Lavender MRT, it was just within walking distance. Why nobody ever told us that before? So there's this one lovely girl offered to bring us to Bugis MRT station. She's actually a Malaysian, studying in Sg. How angelic she was, to help us :) Thank you whoever you are.
The angel who guide us to the right path lol
Backpacker much? Hoyeahhh

But actually, we did try to use our brain and eyes, looking for the MRT tracks but they are situated underground for the green line you know. No wonder lorr we cant find any. And the MRT station at Bugis is inside a shopping mall, like what we have in KLCC .__. If you planned to go to Singapore, don't forget to go to any MRT customer Service counter and purchase their visitor pass card! It's S$10 for a day pass, S$16 for 2 days, and S$20 for 3 days. Really saving since their tickets costed almost like ours. Nak pg Orchard frm Sembawang, might costed us S$2, X 2.47= 4.94 MYR. Tak ke mahal tu? haha. If you were travelling at foreign places, never convert! If not, you will feel the financial pain lol. Not being cheapo about this, but being a smart spender. Remember, not CHEAPO, but SMART.

We bought the 2 days pass since we were gonna be there for only 3 days. You will pay S$10 as deposit. Once you return the card bak, you'll get back your S$10 :)

We were half dying inside by this time actually. We havent eaten the whole day and got lost some more. But life must go on. Haha. Thanked got I have downloaded the MRT map into my tab. We've got sesat to find my friend's house in Sembawang some more due to her typo in telling me her address. Seems like we got lost all day and it never ends! It was around 7.30pm++ by the time we reached her house. Refreshed ourselves a bit, put down our bckpacks and straight to Orchard Rd to have dinner and did a lil shopping :D

Dinner at McDonalds since it was quite hard to find a halal eaterie here :)


Adilah & I at ION mall :)


Spending your night at Orchard Rd seems like feeling a lit bit of being somewhere in Europe or Us haha. You can definitely feel the glamorous and high end life here. People here are definitely walking around in Pradas, and most of all, I can say 70% of their citizens use iPhone. Blackberry is so 2008 y'all haha. They are way different than our citizens. In what matter? I cant even tell myself, but it was totally different. Forever21 here is cheaper than ours but some brands like TOPSHOP/TOPMAN, being a bit pricey, maybe because of the currency difference. But as I said before, dont convert haha. But the sales items here were way different than what we had back in our country. Usually, we only have either the smallest/largest size. But here, all sizes are available. So medium sized people will always get a chance to buy pretty clothes/shoes that were on SALE too :') Hehe

After got lost for so so soooo many times, we came home, to my friend's house around 11++pm. Nak patah kaki ni rasanyaa sampai kena suruh Adilah urutkan once I showered lulz. We've been walking all day long!! Both of them ( Szen and Adilah ) were resting, but it's not a pullstop for me yet. I countinued reading my notes and did my past year questions since I'm the only one who is not on holiday yet. To make it worse, I have a final exam coming up haha. But I learnt that you must study as much as how you enjoyed your day. Well, it is not imposibruu but maybe it will make you more tired. That's all.

Our first day trip ended here ♥

0 comments: